Every year gamer’s flock to purchase the newest iteration in the Madden series. And what is the biggest draw to these fans? The newly updated rosters and player rankings of course.
For a true fan the first 30 min to an hour with the game can be spent picking apart the newest player rankings. Who is the highest rated player in the game? Who is the fastest? Who is the best QB? A lot of the initail buzz about the game is seeing all the rankings of your favorite players and teams. Debating these with friends and declaring a player overrated or underrated. EA Sports knows this and has started to release the player rankings in a methodical order, giving fans of the series a quick tease.
Today we were treated to a video revealing the top 13 rookies in this year’s Madden 15. The video shows the new player models and each rooking sporting their new teams jersey along with some more in depth rankings such as speed and acceleration. You can find the video at the bottom of the article, but for those of you wondering who the best rookies are the complete list is below.
Players are presented as: Name, Rating, Position, Current Team, College:
13. Zach Martin, 78, OL (Offensive Line), Dallas Cowboys, Notre Dame
12. Mike Evans, 78, WR (Wide Receiver), Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Texas A&M
11. Darqueze Dennard, 78, CB (Cornerback), Cincinnati Bengals, Michigan State
10. Blake Bortles, 78, QB (Quarterback), Jacksonville Jaguars, University of Central Florida
9. Taylor Lewan, 79, OL, Tennessee Titans, University of Michigan
8. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, 79, S (Safety), Green Bay Packers, University of Alabama
7. Aaron Donald, 79, DL (Defensive Line), St. Louis Rams, University of Pittsburgh
6. Calvin Pryor, 79, S, New York Jets, University of Louisville
5. Sammy Watkins, 80, WR, Buffalo Bills, Clemson University
4. Jake Matthews, 81, OL, Atlanta Falcons, Texas A&M
3. Khalil Mack, 81, OLB (Outside Linebacker), Oakland Raiders, University at Buffalo
2. Greg Robinson, 83, OL, St. Louis Rams, Auburn University
1. Jadeveon Clowney, 83, OLB, Houston Texans, University of South Carolina
There you have it the best rookies in the NFL according to Madden 15. Of course time will only tell if these rookies end up being the best out of their class or even the best rookies next year.
There aren’t many surprises on the list as a keen observer can see for the most part EA went right down the NFL Draft list and ranked players accordingly. It is a little bit of a surprise that Darqueze Dennard is the highest rated rookie CB as he was the third CB taken in the draft back in May. Dennard was selected 24th overall making him easily the lowest drafted player in the top 13.
Of course many will be complaining that Johnny Manziel isn’t on the list, but I commend EA for not giving into the hype. From personal opinion I don’t believe Manziel to be that great, but from a logical stand point Blake Bortles should be the highest rated QB and if he is only a 78 then there is no reason Manziel should be any higher.
Football is just around the corner and we will get to see who should and shouldn’t have been on this list very shortly, but until then let the debating begin.
Are you upset by the rankings? Who should have been number one? Who is the biggest surprise? Let me know int he comments below and be sure to check out the video of the rankings below.