With a little help from a faster version of Zelda Ocarina of Time and some nifty glitches the player named Cosmo beat Zelda Ocarina of Time in 19 min 15 seconds and claimed the world record. The whole video is a lot of fun to watch if you are a total nerd like I am, but some of the highlights for those of us that don’t have a little less then 20 min to spare.
- At the 3:38 mark Cosmo starts his journey with some nifty back flipping
- At the 5:23 mark Cosmo performs one of the first glitches in his run to escape from Kokiri Forest having only collected his sword.
- At the 6:18 mark another glitch is performed that glides Link straight to Kakariko Village
- At the 11:41 mark he performs a glitch to get him right to the boss in the Great Deku Tree
- At the 12:32 mark he beats Gohma by warping through a door
- At the 13:22 mark Cosmo performs a nifty warping glitch to take him straight to Ganondorf’s castle for the last boss
- At the 15:13 mark he performs a cool transport glitch to take him right to the end of the castle run
- And at 18:30 he starts his glitch filled final boss battle with Gannondorf
The entire run is impressive and a joy to watch, you can see the entire run below or click the links to watch the specific moments I described. The run consists of certain stages and he has the entire run timed like a race on the left hand side of the screen.
You can read more about Cosmo’s run and more information on speed runs over at the original post on Kotaku.